Sunday, October 7, 2007

Random thoughts

So I was thinking... I have a lot of things to say, but I can never flesh them out to make it something I could blog about. So here is a list of stuff that's on my mind or I just think about.

1) I made some knitting needles yesterday and most of them turned out great. Except that I need to somehow make them smoother with maybe a better grade of sandpaper or something.

2) There are a lot of loopholes in our government.

3) I started a new scarf on friday (well... thursday night. But I only knit a few rows that night) and it's already up to my waist. It alternates between a creme and a green color and it takes me half an hour to knit one block. If I've done 4 and a half blocks so far, that's taken me two hours and fifteen minutes. If I spend my car trip tomorrow knitting, I can finish it by tomorrow night. Will I? No, of course not.

4) I spend so much time in rehearsal/thinking about the musical/practicing outside of rehearsal that I pretty much have Honk! coming out the wazoo. You'd think I would get a break every once and a while. Countdown to opening night: 19 days.

5) Because of the musical I have to limit my caffeine intake because caffeine affects your voice like it does the rest of your body: a quick jolt of happy goodness and then a crash. That's bad. B... b... but... I l...love coffee!

6) I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night on HBOD. It was really good but very creepy. At the same time, the twisted, writer-y part of me is going "TAKE NOTES, THIS IS GENIOUS." I'm one of those people who can write all I want about twisted and awfully creepy things, but when I see it on the big screen, I don't enjoy it as much. Most of the time however, I don't write about that kind of stuff. I just love getting visible reactions out of audience. Possibly the most fulfilling feeling I've ever gotten is written a story that made my friend cry.

7) I'm going on a college visit tomorrow, and I'm kinda scared.

8) It's a poultry tale of folk down on the farm!

9) Please forgive number 8. I will try to curb my desire to burst into song from now on.

10) Lists like these tend to follow a thought pattern.

11) I'm really mad at the book I just finished because the STORY ISN'T FINISHED YET. Did I just spend $10 on a day's worth of reading and I STILL HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER SIX MONTHS TO CONTINUE READING?!

12) I just checked my list of poems that I've stored. I have... ahem... 118 on my hard drive. That's spanning from 2004 until now.

13) That makes it an average of approx 30 per year. But... um... probably 80 of them are from the year 2006.

14) Perhaps 90.

15) I really enjoy getting the "Damn I'm Good" moments. It tells me that most of the time I'm a pretty modest person. And it gives me some confidence.

16) My foot's asleep... Actually, come to think of it, I should be asleep right now.

Goodnight all.

No comments: