Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Day #1

Ahh, ice days. Yeah, just ice days... no such thing as a "snow" day down here in central Texas. It snowed once during my lifetime, and didn't last longer than 8am. All day I was essentially confined to my couch, my grandiose couch. Except for one jail break around 2pm, when mom sent me grocery shopping. How lovely. So all morning I sat on my couch watching discovery channel, and all afternoon I watched the movie "Pleasantville" (<- very good, btw) and Veronica Mars, this hilarious tv show. So yeah. Other than that, I did no homework and knitted one line. I now am working on quilt square #4 of 35. And if it takes me approxomately 10 minutes to knit 200 stitches, it will take me 113.75 minutes (1 hour and 53 minutes or 1.895 hours) to complete 1 square. If it takes me 1.895 hours to complete 1 square, and I have 35 squares, it will take me approxomately 66.354 hours to finish the entire quilt. Which, mind you, is 6 hours short of 3 days. So if I worked for one hour every day on the quilt, it would take me a little over 2 months to complete the entire quilt. And where will I find such an hour every day?! No idea. Well... maybe it'll be done before it gets cold again. Hah. Anyway, I'll be happy when it's done, just for the sake of wrapping it around myself and saying HAH I TOLD YOU I COULD DO IT! to anyone who dares approach. So take that, all you non-knitters.

I'm going to go record that all somewhere where I won't lose that. Goodnight, yall! It's finally time for me to hit the haystack.

No comments: