Sunday, January 7, 2007

Fool me once

So I'm not so sure whether I'm a smart gal or not... because I keep falling into the same traps over and over again. You'd think that you'd learn... but no. Of course not. Exhibit a:

Starting around this time last year I started talking on the phone with a long-time internet pal. He lives halfway across the country from me, and of course I'd long since fallen in love with him. But one day I didn't call, and the next day, and the next, and then he'd blocked me from his buddy list and I didn't talk to him for about 8 months. Life was fine... I got over it... I heard from one of his friends that he was really hurt, so I tried to patch things up with him. Well, things are about as patched up as they can be, but I'm talking on the phone with him again. Will I fall into the same hole again? I don't know... I sure hope not. But I keep thinking about him when I've got moments alone...

Today I feel kinda weird because I've felt kind of sub-par all day. My best friend got a mustang today, a really pretty red convertible (we've named her Roxanne) and she's been petting it and swooning all over it all day... and while I'm the one who's had her license longer and who can actually drive, (my friend can't drive yet...) I still feel really jealous. I hate being jealous. Grrrrrr.

Word of the day: "Second-Wedding-Day" : A reception given by newly married couples on their return from the honeymoon. Hmm, when'd that get nixed? I'd like to have two wedding days. (With the same man). It means I get twice as much cake. ^^

Off to do something else with my time, rather than rant to people who will never read this. Ever. Unless I become famous, and y'all are reading this to glean interesting blackmail. In which case, there is none, so stop looking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YOU feel jealous! I've got an old cheap buick! but she is a porche...

and wait a minute, where AM I in these blogs!?!?! i see no 'i would like to thank Ran, for being totally cool'...'or this wierd chick ran tried jumping off a buiilding and fell on me'...or ANYTHING, here!