Monday, November 16, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update #4

Today I took two tests and then sat my arse down in my chair and wrote. For seven and a half hours. I did some pretty serious damage control to my word count, though! It was certainly worth it. (Consequently, I have used up my entire quota of my daily allotted brain function.)

This morning, I was about 10,000 words behind. I wrote about 5,000 words today and have gotten my word count through at least November 12th's quota. I am only about 600 words short of the 13th's quota, though...

Today, I've written about my characters' first date and his subsequent desertion of the campus. It's not his fault, though! He was called away to a secret vampire council! He keeps trying to contact Cassie and explain, though and I keep telling him sternly that that simply will not do! He has to stay away from her for a while, or else I really have NO PLOT.

Yall ready for a stats update that will rock your world?

Counts
Document
Words:
21027
Characters (no spaces):
88150
Characters (with spaces):
109209
Paragraphs:
668
Sentences:
2067
Pages (approximate):
36
Readability
Document
Average sentences per paragraph:
3.09
Average words per sentence:
10.17
Average characters per word:
4.19
Average words per page:
584.08
Flesch Reading Ease: [?]
82.93
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: [?]
4.00
Automated Readability Index: [?]
3.00

Tomorrow's goal of 4000 words should put me at the 15th's quota (25,005 words.) If I can write 4000 words or so every day, I should be able to catch up by this Friday. Also, that might kill me... But I am counting on Thanksgiving to be my pillow of super writing awesomeness!

(In 24 hours and 19 minutes it'll be my birthday. Not that I'm counting down, or anything.)

No comments: