Saturday, November 15, 2008

Early Birthday

(Mom told me I had to blog, or she would disown me. Eesh.)

Today, I had an early birthday. Sort of. Mom and Duncan came down to visit, and we went to Fiesta Texas. This turned out to be an excellent idea! The high today was something around 70-75, and it was perfect and sunny and a glorious day to walk around a theme park.

Usually, we make a circuit around the park, and by the time we get to the end, a good four or five hours has passed and you feel significantly worn out and ready to go home and slap on some aloe to nurse your sunburns.

It turns out that in November, this is not the case. There are no lines to stand in. Anywhere. I think the longest line we stood in was about 10 minutes.

We made our circuit today in around 2 hours and 15 minutes. We even walked around again after that, just to see if we could do anything else. We went on roller coasters (Mom went too! Yay! She didn't go on the Rattler. I don't blame her. The Rattler is the largest wooden roller coaster in Texas... possibly the southern US. It rocks. (And sways when there's a strong breeze.)

After that, Duncan touched my wireless internet and made it work. (Actually, he sat down at my desk and literally rolled the mouse over the 'wireless connection' button and made it work. It turns out that he now has the Touch of Healing. I will take advantage of this in the future, methinks.) So I am now officially wireless in my apartment. Again. I will gladly put away the long yellow connecting cord I have been tripping over for the last month or two.

We mooched about my apartment, ate cake, and I opened cards, and then, when we decided we were hungry enough, marched out to find somewhere to eat.

We started at PF Chang's. Went to the italian restaurant across the way. Walked back toward our car to another restaurant. Got in our car, drove to Macaroni grill, walked to Texas Roadhouse. Got in the car again, drove to Chile's. Walked to Carrinno's. Walked past Joe's crab shack and then finally arrived at Logan's.

Everywhere had a 45 minute to an hour wait. (My question is, seriously? Who goes out on a Saturday night?) (Hrm, it seems everyone.)

When we finally got to Logan's we decided to eat there despite the wait and munched on peanuts while we waited. And then threw the shells on the floor. (Because that's how we roll.)

I had a good day with my mom and brother. Love them, miss them already, hope they made it home safe. :)

(...3 days until my birthday...)

(Hey Mom! You don't have to disown me now!)

1 comment:

Cara said...

alright, seeing as it is your birthday week and everything (and in spite of how you pronounce cray-on "cran") you can stay in the family a little bit longer, I guess. see my blog later for some photos of our exciting day!