Saturday, August 7, 2010

Moving Blog

So in case you have no idea what I've been up to the last few days... the answer is MOVING.

My bedroom, when I left it this afternoon, looked a lot like this:


Which is more than bizarre, had you ever visited it in its prime. Siobhan captured it with her fisheye lens.



The living room is equally a strange sight. This was pre-vacuuming, obviously. I didn't leave the couch-shaped dust bunnies!


But now I have turned in my keys, I can move onto bigger and better things. (And by bigger, I mean a smaller apartment, and by better I mean, WAY more homey than this apartment has ever been to me!) While I did not speak of it often on the blog, I did not have the best relationship with my roommates this year, certainly not what I had my freshman year at UTSA with Kris/Abby (who I fondly, or not-so-fondly, have been calling 'Krabby' all year), and having that over and done with is a huge weight off my shoulders.

All of my efforts are now focused on the future with my new roommate Lizz (who is in APO with me, and one year my senior) and our apartment roughly eight blocks south and three or four blocks west of where I lived last year. Originally, we were to move in on the 20th, but with a little coercing (alright, begging) we are now to move in this Wednesday! It seems that my moving adventures are not over yet, but I am so grateful to be moving in so much sooner. I was worried about moving into my place the Saturday before the school year begins!

On the subject of decorating, (which is all I can think of right now!) Lizz and I are busy sprucing up our new place! I've enlisted (alright, begged!) Pippa to help with the decor, and Pippa has positively swooped in and coordinated everything for us! She keeps texting me with all sorts of wonderful news, like paintings, curtains, doormats... Our living room is going to be full of big, bright, beautiful colors, and I can't wait!


These are some of the colors... Pippa bought soft, squishy pillows and is going to bling up and convert the body pillow covers into smaller pillows for the couch. We found the perfect rug, and my pink and brown "medusa lamp" that I had in my bedroom is going to go into the living room, too.

At Target, they have collections of frames for $5 (varying sizes and colors), so I've bought some of those and have already filled them with some artsy black and white photos from my travels that I've taken.

This year? It's going to be totally awesome!

-----

Weight this morning: 181.2
Pounds to goal weight: 36.2

Getting there! :D

No comments: