Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Starting line...

So it's that time again. I present to you my schedule! (This will change soonish... at which point I might post the updated version.)



So I am taking 5 classes and 14 hours. What you do not see on the schedule is my Piano class, which I believe I will be arranging hours with whoever my professor will be sometime soon.

It turns out that I was right to be nervous about the audition. Apparently, they could only admit 14 out of the 50 students who auditioned, so I was very lucky to be admitted! I am very much looking forward to playing, bettering my technique, and improving my repertoire. I feel like I did not push very hard the last few years of my piano lessons, and it is in this class that I hope I can do just that - improve. I'd love to learn some more difficult pieces! Of course it occurs to me that my piano-playing abilities are much higher than the average person, but once you live with something for a while it becomes old news. I'm ready for new news, new pieces. I only hope I can rise to the challenge.

School starts tomorrow... and I will probably write my traditional class breakdown sometime between now and the weekend. For now, I am off to bed because I am exhausted!

-----

Weight this morning: 173.6
Pounds lost: 33.4
Pounds to goal weight: 28.6

I went on a grand adventure to the mall to purchase some shorts that actually fit me and don't fall off my body... but what I realized was that now that it is "fall", merchandise is all about long sleeves, knit tops and long pants. What retailers seem to fail at realizing is that the heat index was like 110F today. Eventually I found some cute shorts at Old Navy, but for a while there I was afraid I'd have to die of heat exhaustion in the one pair of jeans that fit me right now...

No comments: