Friday, August 27, 2010

First Week

Here is, as promised, a breakdown of my classes, what I think about them, and whatever else I feel like mentioning:

History of Science: Some of you may remember that last semester, my UGS class was "Science and Art: Then and Now", which basically broke down to a history of science and art from the Renaissance to modern times, and how they really go hand in hand throughout the centuries. Well, the class I am in this semester is taught by one of the same professors as the UGS course and is structured largely the same... except without any of the art. Having experienced most of these lectures already (except perhaps this time it will be more in depth), I have a feeling that this will be an easy class. I definitely enjoyed the last one, so here's hoping!

French: This is my last semester of French and my first opportunity to take a language class with a male professor. So far, I'm enjoying it. It's a pretty standard French class so far, though. My professor is hilarious! When students walked in late the first day of class, he switched to speaking Spanish to throw them off. I hope it'll be a good class!

Australian Literature: The best way to describe my professor is "a hot mess". She's all over the place, a little bit crazy, and everything I could ever want in an English professor. I swear, the more I get into my major, the more I enjoy and look forward to the eccentric professors I get. They're always the best to provide the most crazy ideas and lecture the best. I'm thoroughly looking forward to taking this class!

Human Geography: I can't call this one yet, to be honest, because we've only had one class and it was about the syllabus. It seems like it will be interesting and perhaps relevant in some way, but I can't tell! The only thing I definitely don't like about this class is that that the professor forbids note taking on computers!

Thinking is exhausting! Around 9:00pm yesterday I was exhausted. The beginning of the school year always hits me hard. I've already spent some time in the PCL (which is simultaneously my favorite and least favorite library on campus; dreams go to the PCL to die, and yet because you're so miserable there you get tons of work done in order to escape it!) and already feel behind on my homework (though in reality I am not... I just need to spend a little time with my textbooks this weekend!)

I have high hopes for this semester!

No comments: