Saturday, September 4, 2010

A rant about assigned reading...

Somehow, I always forget how unending schoolwork gets every semester. Right now, I'm looking at my "Syllabus Syllabus" (which contains every reading assignment I need to complete between now and December 3rd) and while I have every assignment thankfully crossed out for the week of August 30-September 3, I have yet to begin everything from September 6-September 10. My sense of accomplishment from last night and my righteous feeling of "I deserve to sit on my couch and watch this movie!" has already worn off. And it's not even noon yet.

The weird thing is, while I miss that sense of accomplishment and am grudgingly mumbling a few choice words at my textbooks, I'm still enjoying myself. I love being in school. This year is already so much better than last spring. I can feel it.

-----

In other news, I'm sick of my diet. I want it to be over. I can see the golden light on the horizon! The golden light is filled with bread, and cookies and margarita nights! (But not an excessive amount of any of these, of course!) My friends keep telling me how good I look, and I know what I need to do to keep on going. I'm feeling so good about myself and about the way I look that even if I progress no farther, I know I'll be happy. But darnitall, I WILL keep going.

-----

In other, other news, UT Football season starts today with an away game at Rice! So I want to see everyone proudly wearing orange and with their horns up!


No comments: