Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Totally fine

This morning, the University of Texas campus went on lockdown after a gunman shot off a number of rounds. Luckily, he did not shoot anyone, but he did shoot himself on the sixth floor of one of the libraries on campus.

Here is an article, which probably explains everything better than I can.

My classes do not start until 9:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I was just waking up when I heard about the incident, and I am perfectly safe in my apartment. There was a possibility of a second suspect, and the campus has been combed, but as far I know, they did not find one. I've just heard that we have been given an "all clear", but the university is closed for the day and all classes have been cancelled.

I am so grateful that nobody was hurt by his actions - it is still very unreal to me to realize that this happened not even a mile away from where I live. Thank you to all who emailed, called, or texted me to see if I was safe - it means a lot to me to know that you all love me so much.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Just heard about it here in Germany. Looked up your blog immediately. Thank god that you are fine and everybody else is, too! Lots of love. Annie