Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cheerleaders

I love facebook. I think it's brilliant. And though it can get a little bit stalkerish at times, I appreciate it for what it is and what it can help me do.

For instance, I use my friends on facebook as my cheerleaders. For the first time in my life I'm losing weight and actually enjoying losing the weight! I've been on a few diets, but this one is really a lifestyle change for me. Other programs advocate their programs as "lifestyle changes", like Weight Watchers, and when I did that a few years ago, I found that their particular brand of lifestyle change wasn't for me. It was just eating the same food in smaller portions. For me, a lifestyle change needed to be more drastic.

So this diet I'm on is exactly the kind of drastic that I needed. At the moment, I can only eat off of a list of about 20 meats and vegetables (as well as a number of spices/seasonings) and I've found that putting the food that I crave completely off limits (instead of just in smaller portions) makes it a lot easier for me to deal with. Sure, I absolutely CRAVE cupcakes and cakes and chocolate and have moments of extreme weakness when I watch those shows on TLC (DC Cupcake and Cake Boss... devastating!) I probably will miss one of my best friend's 21 birthday bash in a few weeks because I can't drink with her (and I have a feeling that I'd cave if I went to her party), I can't eat Kerbey Queso with my friends when they all come back into town, and I'll probably miss every beginning-of-semester party that I'm invited to... but the thought of someday being fit and thin and wearing a bikini next summer and feeling beautiful will be worth all the nights I have to stay in instead of go out.

So when I post my how much weight I've lost on Facebook, I swear I'm not bragging. I'm sharing, because if I kept this to myself, I don't think I could do it. I need my cheerleaders to help me out. Facebook keeps me honest - it keeps me going. I want to post something good at the beginning of the week, and I hate it when I can't.

So here. Have my statistics, blog. They're just for you!

Starting weight: 207
Weight this morning: 186.8
Goal weight: 145

40 more pounds? Bring it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome Stef! I am so proud of you!!!