Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer!

Hello, blog! Long time no see, right?

Since my exams finished (two weeks ago) I have been busy doing, well, summery stuff. (Summery stuff doesn't always involve blogging, I guess.)

I'll give you a top ten list of awesome summery things that I've done in the last few weeks, shall I?

10) I've bought new shorts and flip flops. Let the summer in! (Let it also be noted that I already have a flip flop tan on my feet, too.)
9) I've slept in until 2:30pm. The good news is that this occurred a few weeks ago and right now I am cured of my nocturnal tendencies produced as a side effect of final exams.
8) I've gotten my first sunburn of the summer. Having this out of the way, fingers crossed I won't get any bad ones!
7) I've spent an entire day in my pajamas. (Oh yeah...)
6) I've read seventeen books. (I am trying to break a personal record, which I believe is around 50 or 60 in a summer. This record was when I was about 12 or 13...)
5) I've baked the perfect cookies. They have almost disappeared entirely from my mom's kitchen, and my mom's kitchen is a very healthy place.
4) I've had a haircut. Not having cut my hair since January, this is so wonderful! I have bangs again!
3) I've moved to Mom's house for a few weeks. It's like a staycation before the summer starts! It's awesome to be home close to my family, play my piano (whenever I want) and be away from the campus for a while!
2) I tubed the Comal river with my friend Lindsey and her boyfriend Michael. It was a relaxing afternoon on the water!
1) I've gone to Fiesta Texas with Katie, my stepsister. We rode every roller coaster except one (because it not only is a roller coaster, but it also SPINS YOU while you ride it. I don't do spinning!) and I also rode the Scream, which is that tower which takes you up and then drops you a bunch, which I have to say was just awful... I don't like falling! But the trip was AWESOME.

Well, I am off to do some more summery things! Farewell for now!

No comments: