Friday, April 9, 2010

Nerdtastic!

So, if yall will remember I stood in line at dark o'clock last Thursday for tickets to see the Mythbusters.

Last night, my dreams came true!

Well, one of my dreams came true, at least. I was not 15 feet away from Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage! I was sitting in the third row!


It was SO COOL to hear them talk! They talked about behind the scenes stuff and about production of their show, of the explosions, and the myths coming up in future episodes... and what was most bizarre was that they were exactly the same as they were on TV!

I love the Mythbusters, and seeing them up close in person was incredible.

-----

Tonight, the nerdtastic events continued with a trip to Book People to see John Green (of the vlogbrothers) and David Levithan talk about their new book, Will Grayson, Will Grayson.


If you will remember, I went to see John Green on his last visit to Texas up in Plano. This time, it was not a Nerdfighter gathering (So Hank Green wasn't there) but the room was FULL of nerdfighters!

(And that picture wasn't even at its most packed! I got a seat because I got there early enough to nab one!)

So I sat next to nice people... like Elizabeth, who is from Austin but is going to Yale.


And these guys who drove from Lafayette, Louisiana (6.5 hours, they said)


I was prepared with my books by John Green (bought downstairs...)


And at 7:00, the main event!


The two talked about where the idea of the book came from (they each wrote alternate chapters, both from the different perspectives of two boys named Will Grayson)


And they read two excerpts from the book.


And then after the talk and the open Q&A session (which lasted about an hour... I recorded it all on my iPhone for future enjoyment!) they signed books!


And because I couldn't help myself, I asked them to show their horns! I know they both secretly want to be longhorns!

No comments: