Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Something New

Today feels new, do you know what I mean?

Today, I got a new haircut. One with BANGS. Bangs and I have not been friends during my lifetime. We... aren't necessarily acquainted. Sure, we've had our flings in the past. It looked cute when I was little,


but when I was five I decided that me and bangs have had our thing and I really, really didn't lik them anymore. Mom let me grow them out, and that was that. I never looked back.

I had my hair cut today with my favorite person (a lady named Linda) and she always does wonderful things to my hair. Today, she asked me what I wanted, and I replied: "Something different. Something short."

The result?

Bangs.


I know it's not a lot of bangs, but they're in my eyes and it's weird. And I know that people go around all the time, every day with bangs and they must be tolerable... but it's weird to have things in my eyes. I was trying to read a book, and they got all in my vision. Weeeeeeird!

Every time I look in the mirror, I see a different person. I like that person - she's kind of pretty.

To go with my new bangs, I bought new perfume. And a new belt (but I wanted the belt anyway, not because I need a new belt to be new or anything.)

So there you have it. New me, bangs and everything!

-----

As an aside, Siobhan has been telling me for ages to watch the BBC series of Robin Hood. They have the first two seasons to watch instantly on Netflix, and I'm not kidding - I've watched the entire first season in less than 24 hours... I AM HOOKED.

Later, I'll start the second season! If you have netflix and, uh, 10 or so hours to waste, WATCH IT. And then buy them as a present for your favorite blogger for Christmas next year! :D

No comments: