Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dear Boo

Dear Boo,

I miss you, Old Girl.


You arrived in our family in 1995, already a year old. You were already called Boo, and I loved that name. Since we didn't know when you were born, we gave you the birthday of October 31. Boo, like a ghost... haha!

I miss the way you would sing, and the way you would snap your jaw several times really quickly when you would want our attention.

I will always remember the way you used to scratch your back (rolling onto your back and then wiggling around until you fell over) and how when you sneezed, your whole body would move and I could hear it from the other side of the house.

I remember when Grandad came and visited and he spoiled you rotten. You must have gained so much weight then! Bentley was already gone then, so you had him all to yourself to beg for table scraps.

Do you remember when we brought Choco home for the first time, and you took one good look at her and then turned to look at us as if to say, "What is this, and when are you going to take it back?"

And when Topher joined our family, how he tried to snuggle up with you on your bed, and you immediately stood up and walked away.

You, my dear Boo, were the matriarch of our little doggy pack. You didn't take any crap from anyone. If you wanted that food, you'd snap for it. If you wanted that spot, you'd take it!

Even as an old girl, if you smelled pizza you'd come all the way upstairs and try and steal it from us. You knew your place, and you knew that you were the one in charge.

I miss you. I miss you so much, Booski. But, after sixteen years of life, I know you were ready to leave. Have fun with Bentley, Angel, and Petey up there in doggy heaven!

Your sister, Stefanie.

No comments: