Friday, December 4, 2009

Hodge Podge

Things that have happened in November and so far in December that I haven't blogged about. Because believe it or not, I had a life outside of nanowrimo... just no time to write about it!

1) I got initiated into Alpha Phi Omega. Ceremony and everything. (Sunday, November 22)

2) I played capture the flag on the Capitol lawn with APO. (Saturday, November 7)

3) APO gave me the "Most likely to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days" pledge award at our banquet. (Sunday, November 22) My reponse: "Crap! Now I have to!"

4) I went out to dinner and Dad and Pippa gave me nice presents! A lovely and fancy box for pens as well as some really unusual book ends for my bookshelf! Love you guys! (Thursday, November 19)

5) I went to the midnight showing of New Moon with my friends, and ended up liking the movie a lot more than I had expected. (Thursday, November 19)

6) Tom came and ran the flag with APO at the last home game. He loved it! (Saturday, November 21)

7) And on Monday, since he had no school because of thanksgiving break, he came with me to two of my classes and he really enjoyed himself. He says that college is a lot more interesting than middle school. And then he watched Twilight while I took a nap... Afterwards, we went to see New Moon (he really enjoyed it too, though he enjoyed it for the werewolves and I enjoyed it for... other reasons. Hello, Taylor Lautner's abs!) (Monday, November 23)

8) At a nanowrimo write-in at La Madeline, I made a friend whose name is also Stefanie. (Wednesday, November 25)

9) Today is the last day of classes. (!!!) I am currently (not) studying for a politics test I have in an hour and a half. I needed to write this blog, though... and as soon as it is posted I'll get back to the studying. (Friday, December 4) (My friend Karynna just tweeted: "Dear politics test, you are extremely inconvenient. Dear clouds, make it snow more than 2 flakes. Dear ground, don't melt the more than 2 flakes." Amen, sister.)

10) Today, it is supposed to snow. However, snow is nowhere to be found. It is freaking freezing outside, though. (Friday, December 4)

11) Yesterday, we made ice cream with liquid nitrogen and then made thunder with it too in our chemistry class. (Thursday, December 3)

12) I won Nanowrimo - did you hear? (Sunday, November 29)

13) We marched in the annual Chuy's parade again. Pictures on facebook. Mike made his comeback as The Carrot! (Saturday, November 28)

14) I finished the scarf that never ends! It's lovely - I'm sure I'll show it to yall with a picture sometime. Just in time for this freaking freezing weather, too! (Tuesday, December 1)

15) Did I mention that I joined the Green family in APO and my big is a girl named Lindsey? I can't remember if I did or not... (Sunday, November 1)

Right, I've run out of things to remember. Hope that sums up the last five weeks of my life, nicely!

Now, enough about the past!

The next few weeks are filled with final exams, the studying that goes along with said final exams, and a whole lot of sleeping. I'll post my finals to-do list again, though maybe in a bit of a different format this time.

On the sixteenth (I don't believe I've mentioned this yet?) I'm off to England to spend Christmas with the family across the pond, hang out in London for a week with Siobhan, and go to cousin Marcus' wedding! But at the moment I can't even think that far ahead with the beast that is final exams looming in my immediate future.

Right... I have to go back to studying for that test now!

3 comments:

HarriMac said...

Congrats on becoming a new Brother!

LFS,
CB

Stefanie said...

Thanks, HarriMac! I'm really enjoying it so far! It's a great organization.

Randolph Finder said...

Congratulations on becoming a brother!

YiLFS
Randolph Finder
APO National History and Archives Cmte member