Thursday, February 22, 2007

I hate technology

I swear it has a mind of it's own. For the last hour I've been trying to fix my spontaneously misbehaving iPod and finally I gave up and called tech support. Of course, it's outside the normal business hours, so I got the automated (sexy ;)) voice of a machine and all I had to do was say "yes" and "no", etc. But as soon as he told me what to do, and I'd done this about eighteen times already, the ipod decides to work! GRRRR. I hate technology. So now my ipod is wiped of memory and is now uploading my 2694 songs back onto my ipod.

So I've been really really really busy lately... i didn't even get home until around 9:30 last night (school, rehearsal, babysitting, had to pick up duncan from lacrosse) and I haven't had much time to sit around with a book. But I picked up an isnteresting and thoroughly pointless read (The Boyfriend List, need I say more?) and am really enjoying that feeling of whenever I am bored, I can pull out a book. Most of the time, I don't have the time to be bored anymore. When I was little, I used to read for hours and hours every night. I lost a lot of sleep during middle school because of it. And I would talk to adults about my reading habits when it was brought up in conversation, and they would always remorse, saying, "I used to have time to read when I was your age, but I'm so busy now most of the time I just fall asleep when my head hits the pillow!" and I didn't get it, and vowed to keep up my habit of reading. And I have, sort of... I usually get about 10 minutes before I go to bed to do something personal. And that's a really nice time. Even if I have looming homework to do in the morning before/during class.

Well, we're now up to 494/2694 songs. Only 2200 songs to go!

No comments: