Sunday, May 6, 2012

Last day of school!!!

Friday went a little something like this: 

8:00: Wake up, tweet about it being the last day of school. 
9:00: Sit through Victorian Lit class, in which my professor gave us breakfast tacos and then sauntered out of the room and let us do course evaluations. Turn in paper. Skip away. 
10:00: Sell back textbooks, get pathetic amount of money for it, but still skip all the way home to grab wallet, which I had forgotten in all the haste of getting my paper into my professor on time. 
10:30: Settle in Medici with a coffee and my notes. Study a little, do a sudoku. 
12:00: Take the LAST EXAM OF MY UNDERGRADUATE LIFE.
12:22: FINISH THE LAST EXAM OF MY UNDERGRADUATE LIFE.
12:24: Call my mother and cry. 

I knew I would: I walked home not quite sobbing like an idiot, but not quite holding it together. It was a weird, mixed feeling of excitement, done-ness, and sadness, for all the times I had during the last four years of my life. I know that I will always treasure my time at UT (and even at UTSA) but it's weird to think that it's over. 

Everybody says I should be proud of myself - and of course I am proud of myself - it just feels weird. It doesn't feel like it's over quite yet, although I know it is. I think I will get some more closure after the commencement ceremony in 13 days (but who's counting?) 

I think it's been hitting me in little increments. Like yesterday, when I was getting ready to head out to my mom's place, and I thought "What books do I have to bring? What work do I have to do?" 

Not a damn thing, I realized. And boy, that felt good! 

I bought a new copy of Pride and Prejudice at Barnes and Noble before I went to work on Friday. I tell you, it's never felt so nice to walk into a B&N not having any obligations to read anything.

No comments: