Thursday, May 3, 2012

1 Day: Taking Bets

So I skipped a day. Whoops! Not like any of you didn't expect it. (I think!)

Endless books in the library! Be still, my beating heart!
Today, I took a test, turned in a paper, and finished writing my pseudonym paper. Boy, it sure feels good, too! I can't wait to turn that in tomorrow morning, and my professor says he will be bribing us to come to the last day of class with breakfast tacos! Woohoo!

I printed out my paper and put it in a fancy report cover. Partially because it would be silly to attempt to staple 20 pages with my puny stapler... partially because if I'm going all out on the last paper I ever turn in as an undergraduate, I'm going to give it a fancy cover!

I spoke for a while this afternoon with Siobhan over skype. Siobhan is also graduating (but she is not finished for another month and doesn't graduate until July) and she is experiencing similar panicky urges to flee and cry in a corner for a while, so it somehow gives me hope that others are feeling the same way as I am. My friend Ally (who is in a rather different position than I am in, being that she is student teaching and isn't finishing up classes the way that I am) is ecstatic, and I am... left somewhere in limbo.

SURE, come tomorrow around 12:30 when I finish my last exam, I am going to feel some kind of strong emotion, but will it be excitement or sadness? Or a little bit of both? Part of me expects to skip down 21st street all the way back to my apartment singing songs in harmony with birds! Part of me expects to exit my classroom and immediately burst into tears. I hope it's a happy medium between the two.

Tomorrow stares me in the face more steadily than I can at it, but I know I will have to meet its gaze soon enough.

No comments: