Monday, March 12, 2012

Pre-Dawn Extra Bonus Karma

This weekend, I think I regained some of the mojo back in my apartment. Although I managed to clog and apparently break the garbage disposal in my apartment last Thursday (my roommate leaves town and all hell breaks loose!) spontaneously, it began working again on Sunday! Being that Sunday was my baptism anniversary, I'm taking that as my miracle of the day. I didn't want to leave without the sink working because...

I'm in an airport! I'm on my way to New York! GUYS. I'M GOING TO SEE THE COOPERS!

Y'all may remember that way back in 2007, I babysat for little Jane and Ana, who were 6 and 9 at the time. Well, Ana just turned 14 yesterday. And Barb and Mark are just the most awesome people. Gosh, I can't wait to see them!

Anyway, the sun hasn't even risen yet, and I think my karma is extra good today, because on my way to the airport, I was literally locking my door when a girl who lives in an apartment on the third floor of my complex asked if I was on my way to the airport. Why yes, I was! She was desperate, the poor thing, had called a cab that ended up never showing, so I offered her a lift. It was nice to do a favor to someone in need, and I feel extra fulfilled today.

Pretty sure I should go buy a lottery ticket or something!

-----

Yesterday, I went off in search of gifts to bring with me, and found these gems on The Drag. They're coin jewelry, rings and earrings! Texas quarters, and aren't they just precious? (Have I told you how much I love rings?) The little one (that isn't a quarter) has found it's way onto my pinky finger. It has a boat on it, and is some kind of Caribbean coin, minted in 1965. You may not be able to tell, but there's a boat on there. It kind of reminds me of my mom.

No comments: