Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Some Thoughts

It's time for a blog full of five random thoughts!

I've been writing today, like really writing. My new story (as yet to be named) is pretty thought-driven and my main character totally unlike the ones that I have created and written about before. Usually my main characters are strong, loud personalities because those are the ones that are easiest to write about. Stereotypical, so when I am stuck I know what they'll do. But Lin, my main character is so soft spoken that I never know what she'll do or react to next. At the moment, I am struggling with trying to find her personality and character and so my story is starting off like a slow steam engine - huffing and puffing and really needing a great effort to get it going properly. It took me three months to write chapter 1, but it's taken me a day to write about half of chapter 2. Maybe I'm beginning to find the momentum that I need?

Since taking this Renaissance Drama course and having read five plays in such a short amount of time, reading a play for fun has been so much easier and less of a hassle than I thought it would be. Because I am genuinely interested in what my professor has to say about it, I am rereading Romeo and Juliet (I read it about six years ago for school, so it's been a while) and my friend Ally and I are planning to set up a meeting with him outside his office hours to speak to him about it. I can't wait to hear his opinions on the play! I read half of it in my spare time this afternoon and I'm sure I'll have it done pretty soon.

It was nice to spend spring break just chilling at home. It was really great (better than I expected) to get out of my apartment, even for a week, and sleep and live somewhere else. Living in the city and on campus now I am so used to the constant hustle and bustle of traffic and the consistent noise now that being so far outside of everything (and by "so far" I mean "like 10 whole miles!") was a vacation for me. However, as much as I loved being home (watching TV, playing the Wii, sitting by the pool) it is nice to be back at school and readjusting to school mode. Watching TV all the time? Actually pretty boring.) The next six or seven weeks of my life are going to be difficult. I have test after test after paper to look forward to... and then final exams! But I will make it through just fine, I am sure.

This morning, I transferred my Kombucha into smaller jars and this afternoon I started a new batch. More on that next week when I can have a taste! I flavored mine with grape juice. I've been drinking Mom's homemade Kombucha all week and that's been super delicious, so I am so looking forward to having a store of my own! I prefer having a glass of that to a cup of coffee. The sharp taste and cold temperature just wakes me up so much better.

It was decided tonight while at Kerbey Lane that tomorrow is "Dress Day" among my friends. We're all going to wear dresses, despite the fact that we probably won't see each other to celebrate that fact. I think I'm going to wear my UT dress! That dress is Comfy with a capital C.

Okay, those were your five thoughts! I am off to bed now!

No comments: