Thursday, February 4, 2010

Old Books, Old Photos, New Fish, a Cold and VLOGDAY!

This blog comes to you in three parts!

Part one! I want to introduce a new friend.


His name is Jeremiah. He kind of likes to show off.


That blue is actually pretty close to his true color.

Marcel died the same weekend that Boo did. He committed suicide (fish do that sometimes), but that's okay. My day yesterday was sucky enough (It began with waking up late and ended with me spilling scalding tea all over my hands. I'm fine, only a little burn, but yeah. Bad day.) to warrant a trip to the petsmart to buy a new fishy. and thus... Jeremiah!

Part two! Vlogday! (As always, click the link to go to the blog so you can see the video!



Part three! here's the Gutenberg Bible I saw today...


and here's the First Photo Ever! (See? Super faded.)


(If yall want to look at those, they are both in the lobby of the Harry Ransom Center here on the UT campus. The HRC is on the corner of 21 and Guadalupe.)

Also in class, I got to look at (but not touch, which required an immense amount of restraint!) copies of old medical books from the Renaissance. One was Andreas Vesalius' De Humani Corporis Fabrica ("On the Fabric of the Human Body", which has pictures like this) and I think the other was LeonhardFuchs' De historia Stirpium ("On the history of plants"; has pictures like this).

No comments: