Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Coffee Week

Hello, readers! I don't know if you knew this, but this week is coffee week. Well, at least it is coffee week for me.

I usually don't drink a lot of coffee. Actually, I rarely drink coffee at all. In the mornings, I think about making coffee (while I'm snuggled in my bed, pressing the snooze button for forty-five minutes) but rarely do I venture over to the corner with my coffee maker when I finally drag my arse out of bed. And on the rare morning when I do make coffee, if I drink more than a cup in a short space of time (say, twenty or thirty minutes) my tummy disagrees with me for the rest of the day. So instead of coffee, I usually skip straight to the juice. Or (though this'll change starting tomorrow) I grab a soda on my way out. (I'm giving up sodas for Lent. I'm quite determined to make it until Easter without cheating like I did last time, which saw a lot of "Ginger ale is totally not a soda, right?")

So back to coffee: For me, this week is coffee week. I probably brought it upon myself, though. I didn't do enough work this weekend, since it would seem my motivation took a vacation. While my weekend consisted of little-to-no homework, it was a productive weekend. I babysat Emma on Saturday morning, went grocery shopping, baked some healthy granola bars, (which I have been happily munching on my way to class each morning), I bought a bunch of fruit, which I cut up and have been snacking on. I also indulged and bought some red bell peppers, which, honestly, I could probably eat for breakfast, lunch AND dinner of any given day. They're delicious!

On Sunday I baked cookies for APO (sugar cookies, which turned out splendidly!) and took them to the Sunday Meeting and wore my super cute Valentine's day socks! (Thanks Mama!) After the meeting, I had a quiet evening. I made dinner, and I watched the new Disney Channel movie (yes, I am moderately ashamed,) but then as it ended and the credits rolled I realized... oh, snap. I have a LOT that I have ignored all weekend!

I hit the books hard. Well, harder than usual. I plowed through my Art History reading and started to (really) study the flashcards I made last week (my test is tomorrow, so that's what I'll be doing after I finish blogging and writing my paper) and I started to read the next play for my Renaissance Drama class (Arden of Faversham, by an anonymous playwright, though possibly Thomas Kyd. Kyd, you might remember, also wrote The Spanish Tragedy, which I breadboxed for you a few weeks ago!) but my roommates were being loud and distracting in their room (I believe they were playing World of Warcraft, which meant some raised voices directed at the game) and so, at midnight, completely fed up, I packed up my backpack and went over to Karynna's dorm to study with her. Surprisingly, I did get it done, but it took until 3:30!

So Monday became a coffee morning because when I woke up at 8:30, I felt like death who didn't sleep NEARLY long enough (getting half the sleep you usually do will do that to you). Monday evening became a coffee, well, evening too. After my classes were finished I headed over to the library to study with a friend for our test that we took this morning (more on that momentarily). We finished studying around 6:30, and when she left I stayed to write my first paper of the semester (well the first major one anyway), which took me about three hours to smack down. All I have left is to write an introduction and conclusion and do some editing before I turn it in tomorrow!

I believe this morning's exam for my UGS class, Science and Art, went pretty well. I was easily able to answer information about the different works of art and analyze the influence that the science of the time had on the culture, and so I am pretty confident that I at least made a B+. I left a few things blank (all of those artists, so I know that I need to study them better for the next exam!) but I am afraid to call it an A. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, you know? It's the first test of the class which is always the hardest one, simply because we, the students, don't know how the professor formats the test and what we need to study the most.

Well, my coffee is gone and it's almost 4pm, which means that it is time for my break to be over and time for me to finish and edit my paper. Perhaps I will blog tomorrow about my Art History exam, and how it went!

No comments: