Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nominated for Best Beta

A brief blog with a single purpose, one which I believe you all must know means a lot to me.

One of my writers, a woman who writes some of the best fanfiction I've ever read and had the good fortune to edit for a good, solid two years now, has submitted my name to the "Best Beta" category for one of the Twilight fanfiction awards.

It would mean a lot to me - more than a lot actually - if you all went and took ten or fifteen seconds to vote for me.

  • Go to this link: http://dft.ba/-thehobbitivy
  • Type in an email address (to ensure that people don't vote more than once. However, if you have SEVERAL email addresses...)
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page to "Best Beta", select TheHobbitIvy (That's me!)
  • And then submit the form.

Camilla10, the woman who nominated me, is up for several awards herself, and I feel like I would be doing her a disservice if I did not mention what she is up for as well. All voting is on the same page.

The Parachutist (Best vampire)
Heartbroken (Best Edward)
Eros and Psyche (Best Bella)
The Archer (Best story/Romance)

I've been lucky enough to edit all four of those, and I've linked them all if you want to read them. Seriously, they're more original and better-written than Twilight. (Hard not to be better-written, of course, but I'm sure you understand.)

I do not mean to sound self-righteous if I do, but I have been working for almost eight years now with very little recognition and thanks outside of the people who I do edit for, and it is really nice to see that pay off, even only in a nomination. Editing is so critical to writing, especially such informal writing and publishing as fanfiction, and it is great to see a "Best Beta" category in the contest at all. Often we are overlooked.

Voting is open until May 25th, and winners will be announced shortly afterwards. I will keep yall posted. :)

No comments: