Wednesday, April 6, 2011

*Explodes*

Due Tuesday: My paper. (Which I did end up finishing. And which I really didn't think was good BUT I did do the assignment. Everyone else in the class had similar thoughts about their papers, which made me feel better.)

Thursday: Definitely having a "pop" reading quiz about our readings in my Bible class. Our professor warned us that we "shouldn't be surprised." So I made sure to read real closely. And boy am I glad I did... Because I discovered my favorite line EVER in this reading for tomorrow:

She is ashamed to think that he is aware of her presumption, for a certain modesty had prompted her to use intermediaries in achieving her purpose. So in her endeavor to excuse her temerity, she turns to him and says: "For your breasts are better than wine, smelling sweet of the best ointments." What she meant was: "If I seem to be high-minded, O my Bridegroom, you are responsible; you have honored me so greatly with the nurturing sweetness of your breasts, that by your love and not by my own temerity I have put aside all fear, and may seem to have been more daring than is proper. I do indeed make bold, but it is because I am convinced of your goodness, forgetful of your majesty." (Bernard of Clairvaux, from his 9th sermon on the Song of Songs)

Wow, really? She meant all of that? The rest of the next few pages followed similarly, after a good 10 pages of speaking of the line "Kiss me with the kiss of your mouth." Oh, Song of Songs. You are so risqué.

Due Friday: Grammar Portfolio (on which I have spent three hours working already tonight and to which I will probably try to devote another hour or so before my head explodes. So my head doesn't doubly explode tomorrow night.)

Due Friday: Extra credit (250 word) 'essay' (I use the term loosely, because of the whole 250-word thing) on King Lear.

On Friday: Shakespeare test over King Lear and Hamlet.

Due Monday: The other half of the Grammar portfolio, the group portfolio. (Much less stressful, as my group finished it today. But we're meeting on Sunday night to rewrite and compile.)

Because of the ridiculous amount of stress I'm feeling, I changed my background to this. It makes me smile. (They're SO CUTE!)


(Have I mentioned to yall my obsession with The Lord of the Rings? I don't know if yall knew that. Hah.)

Also, someone posted a picture of me at bat at softball the other night. Just thought I'd share!


I promise next week you'll be returned to your regularly scheduled programming that doesn't involve copious amounts of complaining. I don't have another hell week like this until the first week of May, the last week of classes...

No comments: