Monday, March 21, 2011

The Break that happens in Spring...

Last week was Spring Break. Because I was sick, my spring break began a little earlier than everyone else's... as in, the Wednesday before. (I am feeling much better now. Those antibiotics really are somethin' else!)

I can narrow down my activities over spring break to five easy categories:
1) House sitting
2) Write
3) Netflix
4) Get a sunburn
(And the most exciting one)
5) Attend a wedding

I house sat for one of the teachers at my old high school and my stepsister Meg. It was fun, it was very gas-guzzling, it was relaxing. I liked walking Meg's dog in the morning... and certainly makes me want to get a smaller dog, one that needs walking. Hanging out around Meg's house gave me the opportunity to do the next thing: write. I'm suffering through trying to wrap up this story I've been trying to write for more than a year now... and I got three whole chapters written for that during the break. This puts me closer (within four or so chapters) of the end!

Netflix goes without saying. I didn't do as much homework as I wanted to do (though I did read two books for my Children's Lit class) so instead of being productive, I watched movies and tv shows on my computer. It was awesome.

I got a sunburn (spare me the lecture, please). It was painful (they always are) and now it's peeling. Gross. I'm pretty sure I'm actually shedding my entire outer layer of skin, rather like a snake. (If you find a Stefanie-shaped thing in my room that doesn't respond and looks curiously devoid of intelligent thought and internal organs, it's probably not me.)(Gross.)

And the last, the most exciting, the most awesome part of my spring break was getting to watch my old nanny, one of my best friends, and someone who I really do consider as an older sister get married.

Kerry-Lynn married Chad on last Friday, and their wedding was small but beautiful. It was held at a friend's house out in Spicewood and it couldn't have been a more perfect morning for a wedding.

My official job was to zip up her dress (a small, but critical role!)


Her mom flew out from South Africa!

(They're so cute together.)



She threw the bouquet, but I didn't catch it. (Taelor, the girl in the middle did). (Mom probably breathed a sigh of relief.)



Congrats, Kerry-Lynn. I'm so happy for you, and we all wish you the best.

(Also, you don't have to go to any more school! And you'll get a green card soon! Hooray! As much as we joked about it, I'm glad we didn't have to order you a husband.)

No comments: