Sunday, October 3, 2010

OU weekend!

This weekend started with a road trip!


I wore my cowboy hat all weekend, because what else is more Texan than a cowboy hat? My Little, Kim, came with me!

We got to Dallas and found the hotel, and before the party started the girls painted their nails! These were my nails...


And apparently Jorge did something to his nail (along the lines of slamming it in a door) and agreed to let us paint it.
It looked AWESOME!

Like when I went to the Rose Bowl, there were many people and few hotel rooms! There were around 50 of us divided between 4 rooms, and there were literally bodies everywhere! Luckily, I got there early so I got a bed!

Game Day arrived without incident, and we made our way to the Cotton Bowl and State Fair grounds.

We met outside of the East entrance and gathered the flag.

But not before we took group pictures!

We had to chill in the tunnel for an hour or two and at one point the ESPN Road Trip crew interviewed one of our flag coordinators and then shot a quick video of us being crazy!

After that excitement, we took naps on the flag.

We did our stuff on the field and then hauled it to our seats for the GAME!





OU may have won yesterday, but it's 6:33 right now and OU STILL SUCKS!

That said, before this weekend, I had a lot of respect for the fans and their team, but after this weekend I have to be honest and say that I lost a lot of that respect. It was a little frightening walking onto that field and being cussed at, insulted, and verbally beaten by the fans surrounding the tunnel and in the first 10 or so rows of the stadium. I was afraid that they would throw things on our flag, spit on us, or something worse - but luckily none of that happened. Because we were from Texas (and thus had a modicum of self respect) we did not respond, but instead held our horns up.

It wasn't all bad, though - I had a lot of fun this weekend, got to know people (especially the pledges) a lot better and generally had a great time. On the way home, Kim and I stopped in Starbucks in Waco and met the president of the Zeta Omega chapter at Baylor University. He was a really nice guy and was game for chatting with us for half an hour or so.

Fall is in the air - I can't wait for the next football game!

No comments: