Monday, June 28, 2010

This Mysterious Diet Thing

So last week I teased you with my Fun Diet Time thing, and then promised that I would talk about it on Monday... but when Monday rolled around I didn't quite feel like I understood it well enough to be able to explain it, and it's really taken me about a week to get the hang of it. Because it didn't so much make me change lanes as much as travel down a different highway entirely.

At the moment, I am going to the Austin Wellness Clinic and am participating in their wellness program. I'm doing it with my mom because I know that she is always looking for a healthier lifestyle, but for me it's more that I want to lose weight and get back on track.

For the first four weeks, I am on a cleanse, and almost immediately I saw the results of eating healthier. I felt more awake, I slept better, I had more energy, and I just feel better about myself. I've effectively eliminated all processed sugars, wheat products, dairy, and basically anything that I saw as delicious before and replaced it with a ridiculous amount of fruits and vegetables and water.

As part of the cleanse, I have to take this dietary supplement in the form of a smoothie at varying doses for four weeks. At the moment, I'm having to drink three of them a day, but over the weekend it increases to five. I'll be honest - I am not a fan. It tastes like vanilla chalk and the only way to make it suck less is get it over with and drink it quickly. But I've been drinking it dutifully because I truly want to make a change in my lifestyle. I want to be skinny again and wear a bikini. I want to be healthy. I want to be able to go to the gym and not freak out about not feeling comfortable in my own skin among all of those people who seem to be comfortable in theirs. (Also, I would like my boobs to shrink to a reasonable size... please?) (Yes, I understand I may be the only one in the world who actually wants this.)

And aside from generally feeling better about myself, I have already seen a result today after week one. Bye bye, five pounds. Hello, new me.

No comments: