Friday, June 18, 2010

Getting inventive

So, because "Fun Diet Time" starts for on Monday for me (more on that soon, perhaps on Monday?), I have been resisting going grocery shopping recently so that I can stock up on all of the Fun Healthy Stuff when I actually start my diet.

(As an aside, and while I don't know if it will work or not, I keep calling the diet 'fun' in the hopes that maybe it will be fun and not as hard as I think it will be.)

This has made me get a little inventive in using up what is available in my kitchen. And it turns out, inventive is a lot more delicious and easier than I had thought it would be. Knowing that I only have what is on hand in my cupboards and in my freezer makes me really analyze what I have and make stuff from there.

So this week, I've made some pretty delicious food for myself... like last night, I made DFC (My dad used to make my brother and I the most delicious chicken nuggets, and we dubbed it fondly "Dad's Famous Chicken") for my roommate and I (Kris loved it. I am a little smug.) and the other night I made the most delicious creamy tomato chicken concoction I have ever eaten (I had chicken breast, chopped tomato and sour cream on hand).

I guess the point of this blog is that I am proud of myself for knowing how to cook something delicious with what is just on hand. And without looking at a recipe. (Thanks, Dad!)

No comments: