Saturday, May 19, 2007

Something like accomplishment

So I'm a geek and I'll admit this freely. I love playing this RPG (role-playing game) online called "Runescape"... knights, castles, fighting, quests, you know. The whole shabang. Personally, I love the medieval feel, but I love the fact that you can almost set up a craft. In this game, I love mining and smithing, for two reasons: 1) It's mindless. (Click on rock... click on rock... click on rock.) 2) It makes oodles of money. 3) Not many people do it. I mean, sure. There are several million people playing the game, but out of that million people, maybe 300,000 people mine/smith. And when you get really good at it? Buckets of gold.

But, like everything else, it takes time, and the sufferance of many a Noob. Today I've gained 1 mining level, and 2 smithing levels... Quite an accomplishment, seeing as I'm levels 55 and 49 resepectively. It takes a lot of work to get a level in both. And from making steel and iron chest armor, I've made 60,000 gold today. I guess that's what I'm most proud of, because I only had 20,000 gold this morning.

Yes, I know this is all fake!

But it feels like I did something today...

(And in the Real World, I got my car inspected. And replaced one of my tail lights that's blew out last october. Whoops!)

See ya later. I'm going to go bother my brother. :)

No comments: