Monday, May 14, 2007

Dilemma

Okay, blogger... here's my dilemma.

I need a job this summer... like a hostess job, or a grocery-shop job, or even an Old Navy job... just to earn some extra cash, you know.

I have a babysitting job three or so days a week. Which is good, I love to babysit... and the lady I babysit for is just wonderful. She's funny and kind of like a projection of me in 30 years time. Which is cool... it makes me feel optimistic for my future. Yay! The house (or what I saw of it) looks lovely, dirty, and homely (isn't that what every house is?)

I babysat at last minute this evening for a "Westlake Born and Bred" (copyright?) woman who has two kids, who aren't bad... just kinda spoiled and... well, they don't listen to me very well AND chew with their mouths open. Yuck. But I was exporing through their house, and it's all gold-manicured, untouched, and one of those homes that you feel isn't lived in. Except that in front of the television, there are little indents in the couch where people sit all the time. (Yes, actual indents... as in the ones that don't poof back up when you stand up.) And when they got back (40 mintutes late, mind you) she offered me a babysitting job over the summer, several days a week, $10 an hour, yada yada. But while I can smile at her and say the pleasantries now, I don't know if I can do it all summer. I didn't feel comfortable in that house, I didn't feel at all at home, and if I'm spending a really good portion of my summer there I want it to feel real... not gold embossed and manicured.

I talked to my mom tonight, and of course she didn't help. She just made me guilty for being in the mindset of not wanting to do it (God forbid!) I just can't express enough why I don't want to take this job! Nevermind the fact that I would be making oodles of money. Frankly, the only reason why I would take the job is for the oodles of money. Is that a good reason? I don't think so...

Help!

No comments: