Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Dread Polo Shirt Returns...

Middle and High School were pretty great in various and sundry ways, but those seven years weren't exactly a high point for me in terms of fashion. (Nor have the past four years been particularly fashionable, but let's move past that together, shall we?) Uniforms and then a strict dress code damned me to the dread polo shirt for years, and for a woman as, well, busty as me... Polo shirts aren't my favorite fashion statement. In fact, I joke that my overall aversion to khaki, corduroy, and collared shirts date back to then. Which I realize isn't that far to date back, but nary a khaki pant has embraced my behind for at least four years. The moment I graduated I put together a Goodwill bag of most of my school clothes and kicked them to the curb with gusto!

Well...


It's back with a vengeance. However, the polo shirt does bring with it some good news...

I have a job!

Who wants some coffee?

Some of you may already have been made aware of my new employment. Those of you who have been have my mother to thank for that. I've been keeping quiet about it until I actually started, because I wanted to dedicate a whole blog post to it, but "I HAVE A JOB!" in big, bold words and nothing else to accompany it seems to leave something lacking, doesn't it? 

Tomorrow I go back for more training. Today, I went over the Partner Guide, but perhaps tomorrow I will get to don an apron? 

2 comments:

MSbeckey said...

Congrats on your job and welcome to the Bux! It can be a fun place to work! I've been there 8 years now.
As for the dreaded polo, as long as your shirt has a collar of some type and sleeves, you can wear it. It doesn't have to be a polo shirt. Can be anything. They are just easier and cheaper than almost anything else. And most of the year I wear black pants. So you have options. Just have to weigh it against info you get from your manager.
Again, enjoy the ride! You never know where it might take you!

Stefanie said...

Thanks for the advice, Becky! I'm very excited to be starting at Bux, even if I'm not too thrilled with the collars! I'm sure I'll settle in and find some good shirts in time! If you have any other advice for me I'd love to hear it! :)