Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ultra Classy

Gooooooooood evening Blogosphere!

You are cordially invited to take a personal tour around my hotel room, which is, well, ultra classy.

This is close to the top of the list of classy hotel rooms I've stayed in. I am staying at the Swissotel in Chicago, and there are many things I like about this place already.

Getting up to my hotel room was an experience, though. Because... notice what is missing?

Look closely... Or not very closely.

Buttons! 

The buttons are outside the elevator. You press buttons and then it tells you which of the six elevators will be your elevator! (Which really takes all of the fun out of the "guess which elevator" game.)


The I touch the key to the keypad to get into my room... 


And voila! Inside, we find the bed, which is a king size, and which I plan to starfish all over while I sleep. Mom tells me the pillows are very nice.

You can see I have already mussed it up nicely.
There is a nice, big TV that I am watching the new episode of Psych on right now.


And while I don't have a view of the water, I DO have a view of the city. Which I think is just as good, really, for a first time stay in Chicago.


They have very nicely offered to let me borrow an umbrella.


As long as I give it back, of course.


There is a shoehorn in the bathroom. And in that bag? That's where they hide the hairdryer.

Can I use a shoehorn for my ballet flats?
And instead of your standard (terrible) coffeemaker, there is an ultra fancy Keurig.

I'll just keep this, shall I? 

There is a bathrobe that leaves something to be desired in the "soft and fluffy" category, but is good for warmth and drying ability. 


But really all I want is to wander around the hotel in the robe using the umbrella like a cane. What is classier than a robe and a big black umbrella? 

"Ignore the crazy lady in the corridor."

There you have it! A brief tour around my hotel room. Now, I'm off to bed... because I have a very big day ahead of me tomorrow! 

No comments: