Friday, March 23, 2007

I am horrified

I am working on a project for my english class; a research paper. My paper topic is the reformation movement to change the spelling of the English language to a completely phonetic spelling, which would apparently make it much easier to learn. I am horrified by this.

Here's an example, what I just wrote in "Saaspel" language, the proposed reformed English.

I am wurcing on a project fr mi english clas; a risurch paapr. Mi paapr topic iz th reformaashn muuvmnt tu chaanj th speling ov th English langwij tu a cmpleetli fonetic speling, wich wud aparuntli maac it much eeziur tu lurn. I am horifiid bii this.

How atrocious is that!? You actually have to say each word to figure the word out. I'm afraid that I am going to spend this entire project cringing by the atrocities of this reform movement, which has been going on for over 100 years; it'll never happen.)

No comments: